BMW Inspection 1 Servicing
120 point safety inspection as standard
- Change oil and oil filter
- Check transmission for leaks
- Check rear axle for leaks
- Visually check fuel tank, lines and connections for leaks
- Check condition, position, and mounting of exhaust system. Exam for leaks.
- Check power steering for leaks. Check fluid level, add if necessary.
- Check steering for absence of play, condition of suspension track rods, front axle joints, steering linkage and joint disc.
- Check overall thickness of front and rear disc brake pads using special tool. If replacement is necessary: Examine brake disk surfaces. Clean brake pad contact points in calipers. Grease wheel-centering hubs. Check thickness of parking brake linings only when replacing rear brake pads.
- Check brake system connections and lines for leaks, damage and incorrect positioning.
- Check for free movement of the parking brake cables. Adjust if necessary.
- Check all tyre pressures (include spare). Correct if necessary.
- Check condition of tires (outer surface (left/right)), tread wear and pattern; in case of uneven tread wear, readjust wheel alignment if requested.
2. Engine Compartment
- Read out diagnostic system.
- Check engine cooling system/heater hose connections for leaks. Check coolant level and antifreeze protection level. Add coolant if required.
- Check level of brake/clutch fluid in reservoir. Add fluid if required.
- Check windshield washer fluid level and antifreeze protections. Fill up and/or correct if required.
- Check air conditioner for operation.
- Reset service indicator.
- Check battery electrolyte level and add distilled water if required.
- Perform battery load test.
- Check lighting system, i.e.: headlights, foglights, parking, back-up, license plate, interior (including map reading lights), glove box, flashlight, illuminated makeup mirrors, luggage compartment/area lights.
- Check instrument panel and dashboard illumination.
- Check all warning/indicator lights, check control.
- Check turn signals, hazard warning flashers, brake lights, horns, headlight dimmer and flasher switch.
- Check wipers and washer system(s); wiper blades, washer jet positions.
- Check condition and function of safety belts.
- Visually examine the SRS airbag units (driver and front passenger) for torn cover, obvious damage or attachment of decals, decorations or accessories.
- Check central locking/double lock.
- Replace batteries for alarm remote controls in all master keys.
- Oil hood, trunk and door hinges. Grease hood, trunk/tailgate and door latches. Check operation of all latches.
- Replace microfilter. (Note: Reduce replacement interval in dusty operating conditions).
- Check heater/air conditioner blower, rear window defogger.
- Check rear view mirrors.
4. Final Inspection
Road test with check of brakes, suspension, steering, clutch/manual transmission or automatic transmission.