BMW Inspection 2 Information
120 point safety inspection as standard
- Change oil and oil filter
- Check transmission for leaks
- Check rear axle for leaks
- Visually check fuel tank, lines and connections for leaks
- Check condition, position, and mounting of exhaust system. Exam for leaks.
- Check power steering for leaks. Check fluid level, add if necessary.
- Check steering for absence of play, condition of suspension track rods, front axle joints, steering linkage and joint disc.
- Check overall thickness of front and rear disc brake pads using special tool. If replacement is necessary: Examine brake disk surfaces. Clean brake pad contact points in calipers. Grease wheel-centering hubs. Check thickness of parking brake linings only when replacing rear brake pads.
- Check brake system connections and lines for leaks, damage and incorrect positioning.
- Check for free movement of the parking brake cables. Adjust if necessary.
- Check all tyre pressures (include spare). Correct if necessary. Check condition of tyres (outer surface (left/right)), tread wear and pattern; in case of uneven tread wear, readjust wheel alignment if requested.
2. Engine Compartment
- Read out diagnostic system.
- Check engine cooling system/heater hose connections for leaks. Check coolant level and antifreeze protection level. Add coolant if required.
- Check level of brake/clutch fluid in reservoir. Add fluid if required.
- Check windshield washer fluid level and antifreeze protections. Fill up and/or correct if required.
- Check air conditioner for operation.
- Reset service indicator.
- Check battery electrolyte level and add distilled water if required.
- Perform battery load test.
- Check lighting system, i.e.: headlights, foglights, parking, back-up, license plate, interior (including map reading lights), glove box, flashlight, illuminated makeup mirrors, luggage compartment/area lights.
- Check instrument panel and dashboard illumination.
- Check all warning/indicator lights, check control.
- Check turn signals, hazard warning flashers, brake lights, horns, headlight dimmer and flasher switch.
- Check wipers and washer system(s); wiper blades, washer jet positions.
- Check condition and function of safety belts.
- Visually examine the SRS airbag units (driver and front passenger) for torn cover, obvious damage or attachment of decals, decorations or accessories.
- Check central locking/double lock.
- Replace batteries for alarm remote controls in all master keys.
- Oil hood, trunk and door hinges. Grease hood, trunk/tailgate and door latches. Check operation of all latches.
- Replace microfilter. (Note: Reduce replacement interval in dusty operating conditions).
- Check heater/air conditioner blower, rear window defogger.
- Check rear view mirrors.
4. Final Inspection
Road test with check of brakes, suspension, steering, clutch/manual transmission or automatic transmission.
Half-shafts: Check for leaks at flexible boots.
Inspect entire body according to terms of rust perforation limited warranty. (Must be performed at least every two years).
2. Engine Compartment
Replace spark plugs.
Replace air cleaner element. (Note: reduce replacement interval in dusty operating conditions).
3. At Every Second Inspection II
Change oil in manual transmission while at normal operating temperature.
Change oil in rear axle while at normal operating temperature.
Check clutch disc for wear.
4. Brake Fluid Service (Replace brake fluid every 2 years (time interval begins from the vehicles production date)
5. Cooling System Service (Replace coolant every 3 years (time interval begins from the vehicles production date)
6. Oxygen Sensor Service (Replace Oxygen Sensor every 100,000 miles)